Tuesday, December 18, 2007

gorgeous and alone, face to face

12/14/07: As I get on the line towards New York, I can't help but overhear the following.

"Oh, I think I'll just pick up a water while we're on the bus"

I turn around and smile. "You'd better get it one from the machine now" Naive sure, but has she ever seen a coach bus? There's no optical illusion aboard. No candy stripers or gentleman carving up assorted meats under a neon light. There probably will be some tuna though. You can probably count on some kind of tuna.

"Julian's Gift" is the name granted to this vessel. Its VCR isn't working. More surprising is the fact that Peter Pan Bus Company has yet to make the transition to DVD. That's one battle they are probably going to lose.

The trip is otherwise uneventful. I cringe at the last ten minutes of "Blood Simple" and wonder what I'd do if someone had stabbed me directly through my hand. I didn't come up with anything but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't break down a wall.

A woman fell down twice trying to open the bathroom door incorrectly. She was seriously shaken up but fear not. She eventually figured out the door thing. You have to push, not pull! Let that be a lesson.

No comments: